Who doesn’t love a good pub game? From quizzes to board games, expert tastings to beer pong; games and experiences are high on the hit list for pub-goers these days as they become increasingly experience-driven.
According to The PUB Trends Report 2019, only 12% of pub-goers want ‘no games or experiences’, so that leaves the overwhelming majority looking for something more from their pub visit.
Some of the leading pub companies have recognised this and are future proofing their business by investing in SHUFL, the UK’s only dedicated shuffleboard brand. A game of skill, sharing elements of curling, bowls and petanque, shuffleboard answers the needs of today’s and tomorrow’s customers. BrewDog, Stonegate, Fuller’s, Greene King and Shepherd Neame are just some of the on-trade culture shifters choosing to partner with us to offer their customers a premium shuffleboard experience.
Here’s why SHUFL is a natural fit for traditional pubs:
- We’re moment makers – we satisfy the experience-driven younger generations, and give them a reason to visit the pub by offering fun, competitive social gaming. We meet the need for active, memory-making socialising, where alcohol consumption is no longer the main focus and quality is prioritised over quantity.
- We get people off their phones – we are feeding the consumer appetite for analogue games and countering today’s over-reliance on technology. Generation Z want technology-free experiences and shuffleboard provides face-to-face social interaction.
- We generate additional revenue – SHUFL presents a realistic, revenue-generating experience for pubs. We encourage our partners to operate their tables on a reservation and pay-to-play basis.
- We increase food and drink sales – our innovative curved playing surface maximises game play and extends dwell time, which increases uptake of food and drink at SHUFL venues. Players play with one hand – we call it the ‘sip and slide’ – so there’s no need to put your drink down.
- We’re inclusive – shuffleboard is fun and can be played in teams of up to eight by young and old, male and female, expert and novice. It’s a great way to get people talking to each other and making new friends at their local pub.
- We create player communities – our team can help you host tournaments and develop a player community. SHUFL events can be used as part of your tactical marketing to encourage people to come to your pub during quieter times by offering prizes for the winners such as bar tabs.
- We’re good-looking – our sleek maple wood tables, which are handcrafted in Texas, complement both contemporary and traditional pub interiors. They’re very photogenic and perfect for capturing that Insta-moment.
- We offer longevity – our market-leading tables feature a life-time playing surface polymer and a 20-year warranty as standard to withstand the rigours of the commercial market.
- We give pub-goers a reason to go to the pub – according to The PUB Trends Report 2019, the main reason for going to the pub is ‘to socialise’ with three of the four most popular occasions being ‘after-work drinks’, ‘big night out’ and ‘date night’.
- We provide shuffleboard expertise and support – our bespoke pub packages include staff training, event hosting, PR and social media support and custom digital content for your venue.
Change your game and get on board with SHUFL. For more information about becoming a SHUFL partner click here.